mmm…meme

Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They have to be real places, names, things…nothing made up! Try to use different answers if the person you ganked this from had the same first initial. You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.

Famous Artist/Band/Musician:
Muff
Celebrity:
Mirren, Helen
Food:
Meatloaf
—————
Something found in a kitchen:
Maraschino cherries
My Maria
Animal:
Magpie
Character in a movie:
Mary Poppins!

About muffybolding

Muffy Bolding is a mother/writer/actor/knitter/feminist/withered debutante who likes the smell of asparagus pee, and remains obsessed with the bathroom hygiene of her three children -- despite the fact that they are 23, 19, and 16. She is blissfully married to a cute Jewish boy who looks like Willie Wonka, but remains tragically in love with the dead poet, Ted Hughes. She has the mouth of a Teamster, and her patron saint is Rocco (pestilence relief.) Ms. Bolding lives in Southern California, where she enjoys typing words, making movies, and plucking the rings from the fingers of the dead. She was the co-creator and Editor-in-Chief of the award winning satire zine, Fresno Lampoon, and in between writing screenplays, carnival barking, and savagely threatening her trio of darling larvae with a wooden spoon, she currently publishes the zine, "Withered Debutante." More of her work can also be found in the anthology, "Mamaphonic: Balancing Motherhood and Other Creative Acts", the compilation zine, "Mamaphiles III: Coming Home", as well as in The Cortland Review and hipmama.com. She is currently writing and producing for film and television, and working on a book of essays entitled, "Inside A Chinese Dragon." She has slept around, but not nearly as much as she would have liked.
This entry was posted in categories can suck my dick. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to mmm…meme

1. trailofstars says:

Funny how I keep running into dames obsessed with Mary Poppins. Though I rarely speak of it, reading Mists of Avalon changed my life in my first year of marriage. We own Muppet show DVDs because there is no comparison. Mother Maybelle Carter was the bomb. Mmmmm…meatloaf (drool.)

2. muffybolding says:

i am COMPLETELY obsessed with mary poppins! ever since i was a little girl i have wanted to live in england and after i saw mary poppins, that just sealed the deal. in my first job as producer for disney we got to shoot in the same sound stage on the disney lot in which mary poppins was filmed in 1964…and i quite literally got on my knees and kissed the fucking ground; talk about your sacred space! lastly, if i ever get a tattoo…yup, you guessed it:

and, oh, yes — mother maybelle was GODDESS, baby.
    xoxo
    ps) and OF COURSE you loved mists of avalon. of course, you did. why does that not surprise me in the least? tell your HOT, PIECE OF ASS, red-headed wife that i get you in the next life, goddamnit!
    =:o)

3. trailofstars says:

You know Susan is obsessed with Ms Poppins too, correct? And we are passing it on to our children…
    Yeah, that hot piece of ass turned me on to Mists of Avalon and Mary Stewart’s Merlin trilogy at the same time. From there, my obsession exploded and we have a deep shelf of Arthurian lore/historical material…I still drink from the Arthurian well on a regular basis. Absolute obsession.

4. misquoted says:

I love Mary Poppins, too. It’s one of my favorite movies and books, and when my kids were little and we were at DisneyWorld, and I stood in line with them to meet the characters, I had Katie (about five at the time) take a photo of me with “Mary Poppins”. 🙂

5. muffybolding says:

what?? a photo with mary poppins??
    ummm…POST, PLEASE.
    thank you in advance from the bottom of my poppins obsessed heart.
    that is all.
    =:o)
    xoxo

6. daednu says:

That would make a lovely tattoo.
    Do you think you’ll ever get it?

7. lesli says:

Hey, you did well on this. Your creativity is shining :=)

8. nancydrewmfa says:

i did this, but my answers are not as cool, i chalk it up to k being a harder letter!

9. batmom says:

i loooove “my maria” too. heard the gear daddies then heard it on a country station by i don’t know who…

10. muffybolding says:

probably by brooks and dunn — but my favorite version is the original 70s version by bw stevenson. i am even listening to it right now! LOVE IT!
    xoxo

11. muffybolding says:

gosh, thanks for saying so, but everytime i read the ones done by everybody else it makes me feel like a no-talent meathook! it seems like all the fab folks on my friends list are positively dripping with creative juices!
    =:o)
    xoxo

12. muffybolding says:

kandinsky?? kill?? kimono??
    LIAR! you fucking RULE!
    =:o)
    xoxo

13. misquoted says:

Oh, man, it’s not a digital photo…I’ll have to poke around in photo boxes and see if I can find it to scan. 🙂